The resorts, cruise lines and tour agencies are sensitive to economic woes, so they are cutting their prices down like I have never seen in my 20 years in this business. Whether you are looking for a family vacation, maybe a Romantic Getaway or a trip with your friends, my top picks for this week fit all of the above!
I found 6 incredible deals that fit different travelers’ needs.
1) Barbados All Inclusive, Barbados Beach Club: The deal of the century: $399 per person includes airfare, 5 nights hotel including food, drink and entertainment! The Barbados Beach Club is located directly on the beach of the scenic south coast, a stone’s throw away from the very best in shopping and nightlife. This all inclusive offers three restaurants, nightly entertainment and a dedicated area for families. The main hotel is for singles and couples, this resort carefully separated the families from the rest so everyone has an environment to fit their needs.
Barbados Beach Club mealtimes are leisurely and informal at the Poolside Restaurant and bar. The main restaurant is open 7 days weekly and serves buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner and evening tea. On Sundays, enjoy the Bajan Brunch Buffet with delectable local dishes … simply described as the best buffet in Barbados. If you are looking for something quieter and more upscale, Benvenuti! Venetos serves á la carte Italian cuisine or overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Sea Rocks Restaurant offers a unique dining experience with impeccable service.
2) Jamaica All Inclusive, Fun Holiday Beach Resort, Negril, Jamaica: I have been going to Negril for 15 years and what I love most about it is I still feel that REAL Jamaica feeling, there are still shops that are shacks with native food, music and drink. Yes, Negril has become more touristy over the years, but there is still an ambiance of Island Reggae making you feel that you have left civilization for a calmer, simpler life. Negril is also one of the best beaches in all of the Caribbean. Across from the beach, The Fun Holiday Resort is a simple all inclusive resort in a good location offering Fun Time Band for live reggae 2 nights a week at the beach restaurant that features seafood and Jamaican cuisine! For more late night fun, check out the disco across the street! On premises car, jeep, jet- ski and scooter rentals for when you aren’t spending time in your air conditioned room watching the cable TV or listening to the optional CD player or ordering Room Service from the beach restaurant! All food and drinks in the restaurants are included. $499 per person includes airfare to Jamaica, transfer to the hotel, 7 nights hotel, food, drink, and some activities. You can not leave Negril without taking a ride to Rick’s café – where there is cliff diving and some of the most beautiful sun sets I have ever seen.
3) Exclusives at Club Med and SuperClubs: For those who do not know about these two chains, Club Med is an all inclusive (not including soda or alcoholic drinks) that has a property to fit every person. Properties are categorized as singles, couples (adults only) and families. The family Club Meds are the best for children, with continuous activities for all. Club Med is also known for very unique sports and activities. Currently Pavlus Travel is offering exclusive specials as low as $333 per person. All 2008 Club Med vacations are on sale!
SuperClubs also offer all inclusives for all needs. Unlike Club Med, Super Club includes alcoholic beverages. Super Club has Grand Lido, an amazing adult “spa” resort, that is quite simply, heavenly! Breezes and Star Fish are for families, especially fun for the little ones and Hedonism is one of the best known singles getaways. Pavlus Travel is offering 12% off all SuperClub land packages – you can’t find that anywhere!
4) Atlantis, Paradise Island: Even the more upscale resorts like Atlantis in Paradise Island is offering air fare credits, 35% off regular rates and meal plan deals for children. Atlantis is perfect for families, with the Aqua Tots program for children 3-12, Discovery Kids Adventure and the Atlantis Kids’ Club; children’s pools throughout the property, in room babysitting and a “Gentle Travel” kit for babies including tips from Dr.Trachtenberg, a lullaby CD, a nightlight and variety of JOHNSON’S© best baby products. Don’t worry; this is also a singles/couples without children destination as well. This large resort and casino which dominates the island’s real estate, is a mega-plex of fun and excitement. They have everything for those of us that feel that money is no object (they house one of the world’s most expensive hotel suites in the world – $25,000 per night) to those of us that are more price savvy.
The Caribbean’s largest casino offers over 1,000 of the newest slot machines each equipped with state of the art player tracking system. Atlantis features 21 restaurants and 19 bars and lounges offering everything from fine dining to quick-and-easy favorites. When you venture outside to the grounds, immerse yourself in water experiences unlike any other. Innovative new slides and rides that redefine water fun allow guests to enjoy the water in a variety of ways all day long without ever leaving it.
So, what is the deal? This luxurious resort usually runs around $300- $400 per night. Currently they are offering 35% off plus $200 Air Credit when you book 3nts or more. There are also deep savings with the kids dining plan where kids 6 and under eat free, this will save tons of money if you take advantage of it. A 3nt package is only $339 per adult, use code XDH386.
5) Family Friendly Resorts at Shell Vacations Hospitality: These unique resorts are great for families, however, don’t turn away if you do not have children; these resorts have something for everyone. If you want to stay in the U.S. for your Summer/Fall vacation, consider staying at one of the Shell Hospitality resorts. Currently they are offering 15% of their regular rates plus a $15 gas card to help you out with driving around. Resorts are located in California, Arizona, Hawaii, Texas, Nevada and Canada. Teach the kids some history and take the family to the Alamo staying at Hill Country Inn & Suites at Salado Creek Villas. This is a seven acre resort with a Texas Hill Country charm and comfortable accommodations such as ranch style porches, 2 oversized Jacuzzis surrounded by lush garden greenery, daily continental breakfast, outdoor swimming pool, children’s playground and barbecue grills and picnic tables throughout the property.
6) Orlando Vacations: When we say Orlando, we think Disney, Universal, Sea World, and tons of other family entertainment fun. Yes, there are tons of expenses on this trip – so the hotel really can not be one of them. So you want to be on Disney property because it is convenient and easy, but think it is too expensive? I found a deal for $89 per night inside Disney, including breakfast and up to $200 off in half price Gas. Stay inside of Disney with continuous shuttles to all the Disney parks, FREE continental breakfast for two guests each day, a $25 Food and Beverage Credit to be used at the hotel plus other great Best Western amenities like free wireless internet throughout the hotel and private balconies to relax on. For those who want a more upscale hotel, the famed Swan & Dolphin is offering amazing holiday, Summer and Fall rates.